*Please note this post contains affiliate links and outbound links to Amazon. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Feel free to open another tab in Google and search for these products!
When you have eczema, having a solid 6-8 hours of continuous sleep is an
every day challenge.
Try these tips for a better night sleep!
1. Guided Meditation: Find these on YouTube or Spotify. I find these extremely helpful. Helps me to not focus on my eczema and the urge to itch.
2. Weighted blankets: I personally haven’t used these but reviews/research show that the weight of the blanket helps relieve anxiety for a better night sleep.
3. Aromatherapy: Try diffusing essential oils so that the air you breathe in while you sleep can help you relax. Experiment with different blends to find what may work for you.
4. Room temperature or cooler: try to keep your room cooler than normal so you don’t heat up over night and start itching. Crack open a window or turn down the heat.
5. Nature Sounds or White Noise: Studies have shown that nature sounds or White noise can help you sleep at night
6. Cold Air Fans: Try using a fan to keep your room nice and cool. The light breeze throughout the night can help you stay nice and cool.
Bonus: Still can’t sleep? Try melatonin or valerian root (both worked on and off for me). For emergencies where the itch is too much, take an antihistamine.