Sleeping problems at night because of your eczema?
Are you itching all throughout the night causing your sleep to get disrupted?
These 6 tips below might provide you some short term relief until you can get your eczema under control.
Try these 6 tips for a better night sleep!
1. Guided Meditation: Find these on YouTube or Spotify. I find these extremely helpful. Helps me to not focus on my eczema and the urge to itch.
2. Weighted blankets: I personally haven’t used these but reviews/research show that the weight of the blanket helps relieve anxiety for a better night sleep.
3. Aromatherapy: Try diffusing essential oils so that the air you breathe in while you sleep can help you relax. Experiment with different blends to find what may work for you.
4. Room temperature or cooler: try to keep your room cooler than normal so you don’t heat up over night and start itching. Crack open a window or turn down the heat.
5. Nature Sounds or White Noise: Studies have shown that nature sounds or White noise can help you sleep at night
6. Cold Air Fans: Try using a fan to keep your room nice and cool. The light breeze throughout the night can help you stay nice and cool.
Bonus: Still can’t sleep? Try melatonin or valerian root (both worked on and off for me). For emergencies where the itch is too much, take an antihistamine.
Still having sleeping problems?
I’ve tried a lot of treatments and diets in the past, but the one thing that made the biggest difference is focusing on nutrition to heal from the inside out.
I’ve tried a lot of products and creams to fix my sleep but because I never addressed the root cause, I was never able to get 6-8 hours of sleep consistently.
If you are embarking on the the eczema or topical steroid withdrawal journey and interested in a skin health coach to support you, please contact me via Instagram and Facebook for a complimentary 30min call!
Everything Eczema was created to help the millions of people around the world who are suffering from atopic dermatitis (eczema). Our goal is to educate and empower you on how to manage your eczema so you can live your greatest life!Learn more